Avero Diagnostics Offering COVID-19 Testing
To support the need for accurate COVID-19 testing in the US, Avero Diagnostics is offering COVID-19 PCR and Antibody testing.
Gold-Standard PCR Testing
- RT-PCR assay for SARS-CoV-2 detects the viral genetic material (viral RNA) that is present in the body.
- Determines whether the patient has an active COVID-19 infection, potentially before symptoms of the disease are present.
- Tests performed by our CLIA-certified and CAP accredited laboratory under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the FDA.
Flexible Specimen Collection
- 24–48 hour turnaround time; to date, 97% of specimens reported within 24 hours of receipt.
- Nasal, nasal mid-turbinate, nasopharyngeal, and oropharyngeal swab specimens accepted; stable for 3 days at room temperature.
- All testing supplies, specimen collection kits, and courier services supplied by Avero.
- CDC-required state reporting performed for all COVID-19 testing.
COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- Antibody testing run on the Roche Elecsys® platform using Roche’s Anti-SARS-CoV-2 assay.
- Determines whether the patient may have had a past infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, even if patient never experienced symptoms.
- The test is performed as a blood draw.
Reasonable Testing Cost
- Thanks to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the CARES Act, many people will have no out-of-pocket cost when testing is deemed medically appropriate by the healthcare provider.
- All testing is healthcare provider directed and requires a provider signature on the test requisition form.
- Avero will bill third party payor insurance or Medicaid/Medicare on the patient’s behalf. Self-pay or client bill options also available.
For testing, results or general questions related to COVID-19 in states other than Washington, please contact our Client Service Team at:
For Washington testing, scheduling, results, or general questions related to COVID-19 testing, please contact our Client Service Team at 360.527.4592 or email [email protected].
The Client Service Team is available Monday-Friday: 7:00am-6:30pm; Saturday & Sunday 8:00am-6:30pm PST.
Bellingham, WA Laboratory COVID-19 Testing
(Physician order required and appointment must be scheduled in advance of testing)
3548 Meridian Street, #101
Bellingham, WA 98225
Providers: Provide a completed requisition and return to the lab at:
E-mail [email protected]
Fax to 360.527.9960
Patients: Book an appointment online or call 360.527.4592 to schedule.
COVID-19 Test Resources
Molecular Diagnostic Test
COVID-19 Specimen Collection Guide
Specimen Collection For Nasal Swab, Oropharyngeal (OP), and Nasopharyngeal (NP)
Antibody Serology Test
Where can I find additional information about COVID-19?
Visit the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the most current information. Your state and local health authorities are also good sources of information.
How long will it take to get my Avero results?
24–48 hours from receipt of specimen.
FDA Emergency Use Authorization documents
Thermo Fisher RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 assay
Hologic Aptima® SARS-CoV-2 assay
What are the Avero prices for COVID-19 testing?
Avero’s cash price for COVID-19 diagnostic testing is $100.
We’re here for you. If you have questions, contact us today.Contact Us